Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 30 Mins
My mom adds hard boiled eggs to her guacamole, so I thought why not add guacamole to hard boiled eggs? The results were lovely, and since I was testing them out for the blog, I actually enjoyed them for lunch.
- Peel the cooled hard boiled eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half horizontally, and set the yolks aside.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and 2 whole egg yolks; discard the rest.
- Mix in lime juice, red onion, jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper and adjust to taste. Gently fold in tomato.
- Scoop heaping spoonfuls of the guacamole into the 12 halved eggs.
- Sprinkle with a little chile powder for color and arrange on a platter.