Double Crunch Glazed Chicken
Double the delish.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1½ c. flour
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tbsp water
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders
- vegetable oil
- ½ c. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine flour with garlic powder, ground ginger, chili powder, a generous pinch of salt and some black pepper. Stir until spices are evenly distributed.
- Dredge chicken tenders first in flour, then egg, and then flour again. Repeat until all tenders are breaded.
- Make sauce: in a medium bowl, combine chili sauce, sriracha, sesame oil, garlic powder and lime juice. Whisk to combine.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add ½” vegetable oil to bottom of pan. When oil spits when a drop of water is added, fry tenders in batches until golden on all sides, 2 to 4 minutes a side. Remove and place on a paper towel lined plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss tenders in sauce, garnish with scallions and serve.