Cheesy Asparagus Foil Packs
This a fresher take on our famous cheesy baked asparagus. Feel free to sub in any melty cheese for the mozzarella — fontina or Gruyère would be delicious, too.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 lb. asparagus, stalks trimmed
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes, for garnish
- Kosher salt
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Grated parmesan, for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss together asparagus, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and oregano. Season with salt and red pepper flakes.
- Lay out four pieces of foil. Divide asparagus between foil, then sprinkle mozzarella into the center of each. Fold foil to seal packs.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Grill packs until asparagus is tender and mozzarella has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with more red pepper flakes and Parmesan, if using.