Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins Cook Time: 25 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
Spinach Tortellini en Brodo (in broth) is an Italian soup made with spinach and cheese tortellini and vegetables in a light broth.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat.
- When melted, add the celery, onion, carrot & garlic.
- Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for approximately 8-10 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the chicken broth, water, parmesan cheese rind and increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- When broth boils, add salt (to taste), pepper and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and add tortellini. Simmer until tortellini cooks to al dente according to package directions.
- Once cooked, remove the rind, and add the baby spinach.
- Stir to combine then serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano!