Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 6 Hr Total Time: 6 Hr 10 Mins
These Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Sweet Potatoes made with chicken breast, cheese and enchiladas sauce are an easy one-pot meal!
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Wrap the potatoes individually in foil.
- Season the chicken with salt and garlic powder and place on one end of the slow cooker, cover with 1/4 cup enchilada sauce.
- Place the potatoes on the other end, stacking 2 on top of 2.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- When done, remove the potatoes and chicken.
- Transfer chicken to a small bowl and roughly shred with 2 forks and add the remaining enchilada sauce.
- Split open the sweet potatoes, then top with 2/3 cup of the enchilada chicken.
- Drizzle each half with 1 tablespoon cheese and place under the broiler 2 to 3 minutes, or until melted.
- Garnish each potato with 1 tablespoon sour cream and scallions or cilantro.