Yields: 25 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 10 Mins Total Time: 10 Mins
A great appetiser to make for a crowd – no fiddly assembly, make ahead and easy to transport. Cream cheese and salty salami is a stellar combination. Add whatever you want into the filling – capers add a nice tang to an otherwise rich filling.
- Place the cold cream cheese on a large piece of cling wrap.
- Cover with another piece of cling wrap.
- Use a rolling pin to roll it into a rectangle about 32cm / 13" x 23 cm / 9".
- Peel off the cling wrap. Cover with salami, slightly overlapping.
- Cover salami with a new piece of cling wrap. Press down then turn over so the cream cheese side is up.
- Peel cling wrap off to expose cream cheese. Sprinkle with capers and parsley.
- Starting from the long edge, roll up, removing cling wrap as you go (see video below). Roll firmly to avoid air bubbles.
- Once rolled, wrap with the same cling wrap, twist the ends and refrigerate for 4 hours+.
- Unwrap from cling wrap. Slice into rounds. Serve with crackers.