Yields: 5 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 15 Mins Total Time: 30 Mins
A Mexican-inspired pasta dish… Chicken fajitas meets pasta night! This easy chicken dinner is made in one pot, for an easy dinner ready in under 30 minutes!
- Season chicken with 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder.
- In a large deep nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over high heat. When the oil is very hot, add the chicken and cook until browned, stirring about 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet.
- When the oil is hot, add the onions, bell peppers, and remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, and stir until fragrant and well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and transfer to the plate with the chicken.
- In the same skillet, add the broth, diced tomatoes and uncooked pasta. Stir to combine and bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes until pasta is tender and liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Add the chicken and veggies back into the skillet and stir to combine until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the sour cream and top with scallions and cilantro. Serve with avocado on top.