Yields: 4 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 4 Mins Cook Time: 8 Mins Total Time: 12 Mins
An incredible quick and easy way to serve up chicken breast – seared then simmered in the most amazing honey garlic sauce. Don’t be deceived by the short ingredient list! It’s absolutely worth the extra step of dusting the chicken with flour because it creates a crust for the sauce to cling to.
- Cut the breasts in half horizontally to create 4 steaks in total. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Coat chicken in flour and shake off excess.
- Melt most of the butter in a large skillet over high heat - hold back about 1 tsp for later.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until golden. Turn and cook the other side for 1 minute.
- Turn heat down slightly to medium high.
- Make a bit of room in the pan and add garlic and top with remaining dab of butter. Stir garlic briefly once butter melts.
- Add vinegar, soy sauce and honey. Stir / shake pan to combine. Bring sauce to simmer, then simmer for 1 minute or until slightly thickened.
- Turn chicken to coat in sauce. If the sauce gets too thick, add a touch of water and stir.
- Remove from stove immediately. Place chicken on plates and drizzle over remaining sauce.