Yields: 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 3 Mins Cook Time: 12 Mins Total Time: 15 Mins
The Easiest Pasta and Broccoli Recipe that my whole family loves, including my kids. Only 5 ingredients and one pot, ready in under 15 minutes!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When water boils, add pasta and broccoli at the same time and cook according to pasta instructions for al dente.
- When pasta is almost done cooking, reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta and broccoli.
- Return the pot to the stove and set heat to high; add 1 tbsp olive oil, when hot, add garlic. Cook until golden, reduce flame to low and add pasta back to the pot.
- Mix well, add remaining olive oil, grated cheese, salt and pepper to taste mixing well and smashing any large pieces of broccoli to break up.
- Add 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water and mix well adding more if needed.
- Serve in pasta bowls with additional grated cheese on the side.