Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 15 Mins Cook Time: 30 Mins Total Time: 45 Mins
These Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, filled with shredded boneless chicken breast, carrots, scallions, hot sauce and blue cheese make the perfect appetizer! Bake them in the oven or air fryer!
For the Chicken
- Place chicken in the slow cooker and add enough water or chicken broth to cover. Cook high 4 hours. Remove and shred with two forks, discard the liquid.
- To make in the Instant Pot, add at least 1 cup broth or water, enough to cover the chicken. Cook on high pressure 15 minutes, natural release. Discard liquid and shred with two forks.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese and hot sauce together until smooth. Add the chicken, blue cheese, carrots and scallions and mix well, makes 3 cups.
- One at a time, place egg roll wrapper on a clean surface, points facing top and bottom like a diamond.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the buffalo dip mixture onto the bottom third of the wrapper.
- Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and run it along the edges of the wrapper. Lift the point nearest you and wrap it around the filling.
- Fold the left and right corners in toward the center and continue to roll into a tight cylinder.
- Set aside and repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
- Spray all sides of the egg rolls with oil using your fingers to evenly coat. OVEN METHOD
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a sheet pan with oil.
- Transfer the egg rolls to the baking sheet and cook until browned and crisp, about 16 to 18 minutes, turning halfway.
- Serve immediately, with dipping sauce on the side, if desired. AIR FRYER METHOD
- In batches, cook 370F for 8 to 9 minutes, turning halfway through until golden brown.
- Serve immediately, with dipping sauce on the side, if desired.