Strawberry Love Notes
The best kind of love note.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts
- Flour for rolling out dough
- ½ c. strawberry jam
- Egg wash
- ¼ c. Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 pie crust. Using a paring knife, cut out long diamond shapes, about 4" on each side. Transfer diamonds to baking sheet. Re-roll extra dough to make more diamonds. (You should have enough dough to make about 6.)
- Fill the center of each diamond with a very thin layer of strawberry filling, then fold three of the corners into the center so that the dough looks like an open envelope. Use a small heart cookie cutter to stamp out remaining dough into hearts, and place in the center of each.
- Brush envelopes with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Bake until envelopes are golden, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Watch the recipe video here:
Who's getting a Strawberry Love Note this Valentine's Day?! Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/xc5KnqZ
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, February 7, 2018