Make a batch and watch 'em disappear!
- 1 cup warm water (240 mL)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 1/3 cup flour (415 g)
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (110 g)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecan (60 g)
- Combine the water, olive oil, honey, salt, flour, water and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix well and knead for 10 -15 minutes, until the dough is elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Cut the dough into 8 portions and shape into balls. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread the brown sugar mixture onto the bottom and sides of a cast iron pan. Line pecans on top of the mixture, and place the dough balls on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- Remove the sticky buns from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a plate.