Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Tomato and Feta
These Baked Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Feta Cheese are high in protein and low in carbs – a filling meal in one!
Servings: 4 yield(s)
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 6 oz each
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 2/3 cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp plain or gluten-free panko
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Use a sharp knife to slice a pocket into the sides of each chicken breast. Make sure you don't cut all the way through, just enough to create a place for the spinach mixture to go.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with 3/4 teaspoon salt, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the sun dried tomatoes, spinach, feta cheese, shallots, garlic, basil, panko, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Mix well and set aside.
- Divide spinach mixture between the chicken breasts and stuff into each, about 3/4 cup each. If needed, you can use toothpicks to close chicken breast.
- Heat a large, oven-safe or cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add the remaining oil and once hot, sear the chicken breasts on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes, until browned.
- Transfer skillet to oven and finish cooking 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from oven and tent with foil for 5 minutes before eating.
- Remove toothpicks and eat right away.