Canned Tuna Ceviche
Transform ordinary canned tuna into a zesty, flavorful lunch with a Latin flair by adding fresh lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño, tomato and avocado in this easy tuna ceviche – so good!
Servings: 2 yield(s)
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 2 tbsp minced red onion
- 1 to 1 1/2 limes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 7 oz can chunk white albacore tuna packed in water (5.1 oz drained)
- 1 medium seeded plum tomato, finely diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, minced (keep seeds for spicy) or you can use pickled
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce, optional
- 2 oz sliced avocado, 1/2 medium haas
- In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of kosher salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
- Mix in the chopped cilantro, jalapeño, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco, if using.
- Taste for salt and lime juice, adjust as needed (I used 1 1/2 limes).
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- To serve, top with fresh sliced avocado and serve.