Banana Foster Crepes
Banana Foster Crepes combine two of my favorite desserts – homemade crepes and bananas fosters! This slimmed down make-over is delicious and perfect anytime you're craving something sweet!
Servings: 6 yield(s)
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
For the Crepes
- 1/2 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup 1% milk, or milk of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp oil, olive or grapeseed
- nonstick spray
For the Bananas Foster
- 1 1/2 tsp salted butter, coconut oil for dairy-free
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices on the bias
- 3/4 cup vanilla ice cream, or dairy-free ice cream
- In a blender, blend flour, milk, eggs and oil until smooth.
- Heat a nonstick crepe pan on medium-low flame. When hot, spray with cooking spray to coat bottom of skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup crepe mixture into pan, swirling pan slightly to make crepe thin and smooth.
- Cook for 1 minute or until bottom of crepe is light golden brown.
- Flip; cook 30 seconds to 1 minute or until light golden brown.
- Set aside on a plate and repeat with remaining crepe mixture until you have 6.
- For the bananas, melt the butter over low heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract, stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, cover and let the sauce simmer about 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced bananas, gently spooning the sauce over each piece and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, or until the bananas are glossy and coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat.
- To serve, spoon a generous 1/3 cup of the bananas in the center of each crepe and fold the left and right side of the crepes to cover.
- Top each crepe with 2 tablespoons ice cream, and any pan juices from the bananas on top, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve right away.