Watermelon Glass Jelly
These refreshing treats made with real watermelon and kiwis look elaborate but are surprisingly simple to make.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Drinks
- 1 kiwi, cubed
- 1½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1½ teaspoons gelatin, soaked 1½ tablespoons water
- ¼ cup Calpis soda
- ½ teaspoon gelatin, soaked in 1 tablespoon water
- Chocolate pen
- Red layer:
- ½ miniature watermelon
- 2½ teaspoons gelatin, soaked in 2½ tablespoons water
- Using a melon baller, scoop about 8 balls out of the watermelon and set aside.
- Remove the remaining watermelon flesh, add to a small bowl and set aside.
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, add kiwi, water and sugar and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook for 2 minutes then turn off heat. Stir in dissolved gelatin and mix well.
- Pour a layer of kiwi jelly into each glass, and place glasses in refrigerator until layer is set.
- In a small bowl, combine Calpis and gelatin and stir until combined. Pour a layer of this mixture on top of the green layer.
- Using a chocolate pen or melted chocolate, draw seeds on the insides of the glasses. Place glasses in refrigerator until chocolate and white layer are set.
- In a blender, add the watermelon and puree. Strain seeds out if necessary, and place watermelon into a bowl along with gelatin. Stir until combined. Pour a layer of watermelon mixture on top of the white layer. Place glasses back in the fridge until set.
- Add watermelon balls on top of each glass, and enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
These jelly treats are one in a melon. via Tastemade JapanSave this Recipe: taste.md/2wStrZ6More recipes on our app ￼📲: taste.md/2wStrZ6
Posted by Tastemade on Saturday, September 30, 2017