Triple Mousse Layer Cake
This fun cake, which uses Oreo cookies as a crust, has three layers of goodness: cookie dough, M&M's, and peanut butter cup.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4½ cups whipped cream
- 2 cups M&M's
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups cookie dough balls
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups chopped Reese's peanut butter cups
- 2 (14-ounce) packages peanut butter Oreos, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) tub Cool Whip
- Crushed oreos
- Chocolate syrup
- Line 3 round cake pans with parchment paper.
- With a mixer, beat eggs and granulated sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Heat 3 cups of heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until just hot but not boiling. With the mixer on low, pour the hot cream into the egg mixture slowly until combined.
- Add the mixture back into the saucepan and place over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture is completely chilled, fold 4½ cups of whipped cream into the chilled mixture until just combined. Divide mixture evenly among 3 medium bowls.
- In the first bowl, fold in M&M's and melted chocolate. In the second bowl, fold in vanilla and cookie dough balls. In the third bowl, fold in peanut butter and chopped Reese’s cups.
- Place one layer of Oreos into each prepared pan, and pour the 3 fillings into their individual pans.
- Chill for 2 hours, or until ready to layer the cakes. Stack cakes, top with crushed Oreos, Cool Whip, and serve!
Watch the recipe video here:
Sweet tooth? No, no. Sweet TEETH. All of them.Taste for Yourself: taste.md/2J4N0Vr
Posted by Tastemade on Friday, March 30, 2018