Strawberry Sweet Rolls
These strawberry sweet rolls are gonna have you licking your fingers 🍓!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups whole milk, warm to the touch
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 5 cups flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup strawberry preserve
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Generously grease a 9-inch (23 cm) cast iron or cake pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together warm milk, melted butter, and granulated sugar. The mixture should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F (40˚C). If hotter, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let sit for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups (500 grams) of all-purpose flour to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size. Remove the towel and add an additional ¾ cup (95 grams) of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, about ½ cup (60 grams), until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch (12 mm) thick.
- In a small bowl combine the strawberry preserves and butter, stir to combine.
- Spread the filling mixture evenly over the rolled out dough, leave about 1½ inches (4 cm) from the edge.
- Starting from the bottom roll the dough upward, being careful not to squeeze the filling out.
- With a knife cut the rolled dough into 8 pieces.
- Place strawberry roll in the prepared cast iron or cake pan and cover with plastic wrap. Place in a warm spot and leave to rise for 30 minutes. The strawberry rolls should expand to the edges of the pan during this time.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Cover the rolls with foil to prevent the outside from burning, and bake for an additional 35 minutes.
- While the strawberry rolls are baking, prepare the frosting. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together cream cheese, butter, vanilla, whole milk, and powdered sugar, until smooth.
- Remove the strawberry rolls from the oven and let cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes. Once cool, drizzle frosting over the rolls before serving.
Watch the recipe video here:
These strawberry sweet rolls are gonna have you licking your fingers 🍓!FULL RECIPE: http://bit.ly/2fA6HHI
Posted by Tasty on Friday, September 22, 2017