Gail Simmons made the most AMAZING spaghetti pie for us! 🍝
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Spaghetti
- PASTA CRUST
- 4 oz spaghetti, or angel hair, broken in half 2 times
- 2 cloves garlic, minched
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons bread crumb
- 2 tablespoons oil, vegetable or canola
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 oz ground beef, 90% lean
- 15 oz tomato sauce, 1 can
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Wrap pasta in a clean dish towel and fold twice, breaking pasta into smaller 1-3 inch (2½ - 7½ cm) pieces.
- Cook until al dente (about 3 minutes) and drain well.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix warm cooked pasta with garlic, butter, grated parmesan, egg, and bread crumbs. Still until well incorporated and the butter and cheese have completely melted.
- Press pasta mixture into a deep 10-inch (25-cm) pie plate or casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until crust is set and edges have started to brown
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add onions and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add in ground beef and cook until lightly browned. Using a spoon, drain off any excess fat that accumulates in the pan.
- Stir in tomato sauce, tomato paste, and sugar. Simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta, egg, and oregano.
- Spread ricotta mixture over the cooked pasta crust. Spread the meat sauce over the top of the ricotta mixture then cover with mozzarella. Bake at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Let cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Fancy-Pants Parmesan Crisps (optional for garnish): Pour a tablespoon of parmesan cheese onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 400˚F (200˚C) until cheese has melted and become golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Let cool before removing from parchment paper.
Watch the recipe video here:
Gail Simmons made the most AMAZING spaghetti pie for us! 🍝FULL RECIPE: http://bit.ly/2zUNHMK
Posted by Tasty on Friday, October 27, 2017