- 1 Edwards® Georgia Style Pecan Pie, frozen
- 1 Edwards® Pumpkin Crème Pie, frozen
- 2 boxes yellow cake mix, plus additions listed on the package for preparation
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pumpkin Spiced Pecans (optional for garnish)
- 1½ cups pecan halves
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped Cream (to frost)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray two (10-inch) pie pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare one box yellow cake mix according to package directions. Scoop about 1½ cups of the batter into one of the pie pans.
- Invert the pecan pie into the pie pan. Cover with remaining cake batter.
- Prepare the second box of cake batter according to package instruction. Repeat the process of adding 1½ cups of batter into the second prepared pie pan.
- Invert the pumpkin creme pie into the pie pan on top of the batter and cover with remaining cake batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is no longer jiggling. Cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream in a mixing bowl until it forms soft peaks. Fold in sugar and whip to combine.
- Spread a layer of whipped cream on the bottom cooled cake layer. Top with the second cake layer and frost with remaining whipped cream.
- Toss the pecans with melted butter. Add the brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Toss to coat. Bake about 5-7 minutes, until lightly toasted. Cool completely.
- Garnish the frosted cake with spiced pecans and pumpkin pie spice.
Watch the recipe video here:
PiecakenWhen three desserts collide in the best way possible! #BringTheSweet
Posted by Tasty on Friday, November 3, 2017