Loaded Cauliflower Bites
Cauliflower is totally the new potato.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Nonstick cooking spray, for pan
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 425° and grease a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook cauliflower until fork tender, about 5 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
- Spread florets out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Using a potato masher, or the bottom of a small glass, lightly smash the cauliflower florets.
- Top each smashed cauliflower floret with a pinch of cheddar cheese and some bacon, then bake until cheese is melted and crispy around the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chives over cauliflower and serve warm or at room temperature.
Watch the recipe video here:
Smashed Cauliflower = the low-carb version of potato skins.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/M1nG9ey
Posted by Delish on Thursday, February 8, 2018