Irish Cream Cheesecake
Kiss this cheesecake - it's Irish.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
For the crust:
- 1 (10-ounce) package Mint Oreo Thins
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 12-ounces of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup Bailey’s Irish cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the ganache:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish cream
Make the crust:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse together all crust ingredients until smooth and combined. Press crust into a springform pan in an even layer, making sure to cover the walls of the pan as well. Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool completely before adding filling.
Make the filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all filling ingredients. Using a hand mixer on medium speed, mix everything together until filling is smooth and there are no cream cheese lumps. Pour filling into cooled crust and bake for 20 minutes. If cheesecake is starting to look too dark, carefully shield top with aluminum foil. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes. Center will not look completely set. Cool cheesecake completely on a wire rack. As it cools, center will firm up. Place cake in refrigerator to chill completely before serving.
Make the ganache:
- In a small saucepan, carefully heat heavy cream over low heat until hot, but not boiling. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips along with the Irish cream. Stir continuously until chocolate has melted into a silky smooth consistency. Pour ganache over cooled cheesecake and serve. Enjoy!
Watch the recipe video here:
Kiss this cheesecake – it's Irish.Full Recipe: taste.md/2DeEWNU
Posted by Tastemade on Sunday, March 11, 2018