- onion, chopped
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard
- 1 cup orange juice
- 10 whole cloves
- 10 lb picnic ham, cured
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Add the chopped onion, garlic cloves, apple cider vinegar, mustard, orange juice, and cloves to a large roasting pan, stirring to combine.
- Place the ham on the roasting rack over the liquid.
- Trim off tough outer skin, then score the remaining fat in a crosshatch pattern. Cover the entire roasting rack with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and remove the foil. Baste the ham with the liquid, then remove the rack from the roasting pan and set aside.
- Remove all the whole cloves from the remaining liquid in the pan. Pour the remaining liquid into a pot, along with the honey, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat, then simmer until thick and reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Brush the glaze on to the ham then transfer back to the roasting rack.
- Bake the ham for 30-45 minutes, or until the glaze is caramelized and the ham reaches 145°F (65°C).
- Slice the ham, and serve.
Watch the recipe video here:
This will be a holiday show-stopper! 😍FULL RECIPE: https://tasty.co/recipe/honey-mustard-glazed-hamNow you can buy our featured roasting rack here: http://bit.ly/2AP6Ujr – We may make some $$ if you buy!
Posted by Tasty on Thursday, November 16, 2017