These sweet and spicy florets reconfirms the power of cauliflower.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 1 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite-size florets
- ⅓ c. honey
- ⅓ c. soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. sriracha
- ¼ c. water
- 2 tsp. corn starch
- ¼ c. Sliced scallions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and cauliflower, toss until fully coated. Set up a dredging station: In one bowl, add panko breadcrumbs and in another bowl whisk eggs and add 2 tablespoons water. Dip cauliflower in beaten eggs, then panko until fully coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season generously with salt and pepper. Bake until golden and crispy, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make sauce. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water, until the cornstarch dissolves completely. Set aside. Combine soy sauce, honey, garlic, lime juice and Sriracha in a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and add the cornstarch mixture. Bring to simmer again and cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Toss cooked cauliflower in sauce until evenly coated. Return the cauliflower to baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions.
Watch the recipe video here:
Honey Garlic Cauliflower is the perfect healthy swap for General Tso's chicken.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/trKsCTI
Posted by Delish on Saturday, January 6, 2018