Green Mac & Cheese
Get your greens in the delicious way!
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Pasta
- 4 cups spinach, packed
- ½ cup parsley
- 2½ cups milk, divided
- 5 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pound macaroni elbows
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces white cheddar
- ½ cup mozzarella
- In a food processor, combine the spinach, parsley, and ½ cup milk, and process until evenly mixed.
- In a large pot, bring water salt and salt to a boil over high heat. Add the elbows and cook until al dente, roughly 6-7 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- In a large pot, combine the butter and flour on medium-high heat, and stir until the mixture has become golden brown.
- Add 2 cups milk, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, pepper, and salt to the pot and stir until well incorporated.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and mix until well incorporated.
- Add in the spinach mixture and stir until fully incorporated and the green color is consistent.
- Mix in the pasta and pour into a casserole dish.
- Top the macaroni with mozzarella and broil for 5 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
Watch to find out why this mac n cheese is green 👀 🌱!FULL RECIPE: http://bzfd.it/2iy3axtFIND IT IN THE APP: http://tstyapp.com/m/Xg4HFcrfUFRESERVE THE ONE TOP: http://bit.ly/2wFvCUD
Posted by Tasty on Sunday, August 27, 2017