French Dip Crescent Ring
Almost too good.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Main dish
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs thyme, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 8-oz. tubes Crescent Rolls
- ⅓ c. Grainy mustard
- 1 lb. deli roast beef
- 8 slices provolone
- 2 egss, beaten with 1 tsp water for egg wash
- 1 tbsp. chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 c. beef stock
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onion and 1 thyme sprig. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions begin to soften and turn slightly golden. Season with salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll crescent rolls, separating each triangle. Arrange in a sunburst pattern, with pointed ends of the triangles facing outward (the base of the triangles should overlap).
- Spread mustard on dough. Top with provolone, roast beef, and onions creating a ring at the base of the triangles. Fold triangle tips over filling and tuck under base to secure.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg. Brush top of dough with egg and sprinkle with parsley and garlic powder. Bake until dough is golden and cheese has melted, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make au jus. Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant. Add beef stock, Worcestershire sauce and thyme, stripped from stem. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for 10 minutes until reduced slightly. Pour into a small bowl and garnish with parsley.
- Serve ring hot with the dipping sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
This French Dip Crescent Ring will have all your friends double dipping. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/dgv8N9a
Posted by Delish on Wednesday, September 13, 2017