Crab Mac & Cheese
THIS is the fancy mac worthy of your holiday table.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. elbow pasta
- ¼ c. butter
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded white Cheddar
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a large pot of boiling water, cook elbows according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant and softened, 3 minutes. Add flour and whisk until combined and golden, 1 minute. Add milk and season with salt and pepper. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Stir in ½ white cheddar and mozzarella until melty, then remove from heat.
- Add sauce and crab meat to pot with cooked elbows and stir until completely combined.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheddar and parsley and bake until bubbly, 20 minutes.
Watch the recipe video here:
The only thing better than macaroni and cheese? Crab Mac & Cheese.Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/xaKdDym
Posted by Delish on Friday, March 23, 2018