These thick, crab-forward crab cakes are deep-fried and served with a rich hollandaise sauce.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup butter
- Splash of lemon juice
- Pinch of black pepper
- ¾ tablespoon butter, softened
- ⅓ onion, finely chopped
- ⅓ celery stalk
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 10.5 ounces crab meat (red king crab or canned crab)
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon white wine
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Wheat flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Oil, for frying
- Parsley, to garnish
- In a small bowl, combine all hollandaise sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Remove crab from the shell. Add to a mixing bowl along with the other crab cake ingredients. Stir to combine. Transfer mixture to a circular mold and place in refrigerator to firm up.
- Add flour to a shallow dish, beaten eggs to a separate dish and breadcrumbs to a third dish. Dip the crab cake into the flour, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs.
- In a high-sided pot, heat oil and cook the crab cake until well browned.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, drizzled with the hollandaise sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
Feeling crabby? These ultra meaty crab cakes should improve your mood in no time.Full Recipe: taste.md/2FMFkG5🎥: Tastemade Japan
Posted by Tastemade on Monday, March 5, 2018