Chicken Parm Meatball Skillet
All the flavors you love in chicken Parm in a super-delicious, juicy meatball.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- ½ c. breadcrumbs
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 3 tbsp. Freshly Chopped Parsley
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 28-oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1½ c. shredded mozzarella
- Cooked pasta or crusty bread, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, breadcrumbs, Parmesan, 2 tablespoons parsley, half the garlic, and egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix until fully combined, then form into meatballs.
- In a large oven-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add meatballs and brown each side, 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining two tablespoons oil to skillet. Add remaining half garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute, then add crushed tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes and stir until combined.
- Bring to a low simmer, then return meatballs to skillet and nestle in sauce. Top with mozzarella and bake until cheese is melted and chicken no longer pink, 10 minutes more.
- Garnish with remaining parsley and Parmesan serve over pasta or with crusty bread.
Watch the recipe video here:
This Chicken Parm Meatball Skillet is a combo of two perfect comfort foods. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/HqJbeTM
Posted by Delish on Friday, January 5, 2018