Cheesecake Egg Rolls
Complete with a strawberry dipping sauce.
Author: The Chef
Recipe type: Dessert
FOR THE SAUCE
- 2 c. chopped strawberries
- 2 tbsp. water
- 2 tbsp. sugar
FOR THE EGGROLLS
- 2 (8-oz.) bars cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- 12 eggroll wrapper
- vegetable oil
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine strawberries, water and sugar. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Stir frequently and cook until thick and jammy, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese with sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and kosher salt. Using a hand mixer, beat ingredients until fully combined.
- Place an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface in a diamond shape and spoon approximately 3 tablespoons cream cheese mixture into a line in the center. Fold up bottom half and tightly fold in sides. Gently roll, then seal fold with a couple drops of water.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil (it should reach 1" up the side of pan) until it starts to bubble. Add egg rolls and fry until golden, 1 minute per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to cool slightly.
- Plate, dust with powdered sugar, and serve with strawberry sauce.
Watch the recipe video here:
You're not a true cheesecake lover if you haven't tried THIS. Full recipe: http://dlsh.it/WMXvPbi
Posted by Delish on Thursday, January 11, 2018